We are very familiar with Big Chefs located at the Beach Mall in Jumeirah and the outstanding food they produce. Big Chefs is a Turkish based restaurant that serves delicious contemporary Turkish food with a twist. What you can expect when you visit Big Chefs is food with generous quantity, premium quality, fully made in-house and dishes you won’t find anywhere else in Dubai. Which is why we were more than thrilled to be a part of the official opening o Big Chefs located at Box Park. Not only is the location prime, but it is also conveniently located making it very easy to spot and a bit private as well. What we were most excited about is the terrace that will be launched soon where people can enjoy the food with the perfect weather and vibe set by Big Chefs.
Our launch event was an unforgettable one, where we got to meet fellow bloggers and editors. What added to the experience was the head chef Abs Patel demonstrating live, on how to make a Kunefe!
Once we were done with the demonstrations we were offered a selection of items included in Big Chef’s Boxpark menu that is a compressed and slightly tweaked version of The Beach Mall. The dishes we sampled included:
– Crispy Manti with Yogurt and Herbs. The dish was packed with flavor and serves as a very good appetizer. We loved how the yogurt mellowed the dish down without blanding out the flavor of the meat.
– Chef’s Tapas which were an assortment of Mini Kebbes, Wine Leave Rolls with Minced Meat, Samosa, Meatball Yakitori, Fried Goat Cheese, BBQ Chicken Skewers, Fried Beef Sausage with Filo Pastry, Crispy Spicy Sausage & French Fries. Each element on this platter had its own unique characteristic, flavor and cooking methods. We couldn’t pick a favorite with this dish as each component tasted scrumptious!
– Avocado & Salmon with Mixed Greens. This salad was light, healthy and fuss free, the salmon was smoked to perfection and complement the avocados perfectly.
– Fried Goat Cheese Salad with mixed greens, orange wedges, cucumber, raspberries, walnuts and a raspberry vinnegrate. Definitely our favorite salad! We loved the goat’s cheese balls that were fried to crispy perfection with a beautifully soft pillowy center. The combination of orange and raspberry too went perfectly with the goat’s cheese.
– Roasted Leg of Lamb, without a doubt, our dish of the day! Beautifully tender meat topped over perfectly cooked rice, this definitely knocked our socks off and had us going in for seconds!
– Yoghurt Kebab which is sautéed beef, buttered flatbread, eggplant puree, yogurt and tomato sauce. This dish was warm and perfect for the winter season. It tasted wholesome, with the beef cooked until tender and the sauce packed with flavor making you crave more with every bite.
– Begendi Meatballs with eggplant puree and melted butter. We loved the healthy switch of eggplant puree as well as opposed to mashed potatoes. Not only does this dish fill you up due to its generous portions but it also tastes healthy and delicious.
For dessert, we tried the Kunefe which the chef demonstrated for us. It comprised of Blueberry & Mozzarella cheese, drenched in syrup and served with an ice cream on the side. The crispiness of the kunefe and the creaminess of the cheese went perfectly well with the tartness of the blueberries.
We also tried the Pumpkin Cheesecake. This was a first for us and definitely loved it. The cheesecake had pieces of pumpkin as opposed to puree and created a very interesting and delicious take on the flavor of the cheesecake
Finally we tried the Banana Split with Caramelized Banana, Vanilla Ice Cream, Croquant, Whipped cream and Chocolate Sauce. This dessert was definitely the best of them all. The whipped cream lightened the dessert up making us easily devour spoonful after spoonful, and the bananas were soft and ripe which added to the deliciousness of this dessert. We’re definitely coming back for more!
Crispy Manti with Yogurt and Herbs – Dhs48
Chef’s Tapas – Dhs66
Avocado & Salmon with Mixed Greens – Dhs50
Fried Goat Cheese Salad – Dhs64
Yoghurt Kebab – Dhs95
Roasted Leg of Lamb – Dhs95
Begendi Meatballs – Dhs60
Kunefe – Dhs36
Pumpkin Cheesecake – Dhs34
Banana Split – Dhs36
Ambience – 4.5/5
Service – 4/5
Value – 4/5
Food – 4/5