#ZomatoMeetUps powered by fellow blogger buddies and some extraordinarily delicious food are always the best! Our latest Meet Up was at the coveted and graceful Pallazo Versace Hotel that nestles one of the best (and reasonably priced) brunches we’ve been to in a while.
Giardino that is located on the ground floor of the majestic hotel overlooks the breathtaking views of the pool and boasts some of the most “exotic” interiors. If there is one thing Giardino is distinctively known for, it would be its tribute to nature with its nature themed Palm Frond patterns that adorn the walls and pillars of the restaurant and the big glass doors that enable natural light to fill up the room bringing in that positive vibe. The palm frond patterns are a distinctive feature for two reasons;
1) Giardino means Garden in Italian, and hence the restaurant tries to depicts the garden/forest vibe (and does it oh so well).. And
2) Its inspired by the Versace outfit J Lo wore to the Grammys a few years ago. No jokes!
If the ambience doesn’t amp up your vibe, not to worry! The DJ at Giardino plays some of the most upbeat and lively tunes to get you into that weekend mood.
If you plan on visiting Giardino, we insist on visiting the restaurant during their delectable Friday brunch that serves a huge and we mean “HUGE” spread of international cuisine. Now, we’re not saying that this is the biggest buffet we’ve been to, but its pretty close. However, with the variety of counters and food to chose from, this place is definitely worth a try.
As you enter Giardino, you will be greeted by some of the most friendliest staff and offered a glass of bubbly to go along with a tour of the buffet brunch. The buffet area is divided into six sections
– the salad, terrain, cold cuts and cheese section was beautifully presented and looked appetizingly delicious too. The variety of cheese was impressive, and there were different types and textures of honey to go with the cheese as well. Of Course a cheese section with a large portion of Burrata will always be a winner for us, so needless to say that got us excited. We also loved the Foie Gras Creme Brûlée in particular. The consistency of the brûlée was perfect, and the strong flavor of foie gras made it taste addictively good. As for the salads however, nothing really stood out for us. The salads seemed too ordinary to be displayed in restaurant that’s linked with Versace.
– the Grill station is highly recommended for meat lovers. Again, it seemed a bit ordinary, but the meat was cooked perfectly which is impressive for a buffet service. We enjoyed the Eggs Benedict and Florentine station where you get to chose between spinach, ham, bacon or salmon as your protein. The pumpkin soup however was a disappointment.
– There is also an Indian station that serves Chaat (Indian street food) and Mithai (Indian Sweets) as well. The main dishes at the Indian section were delicious, wholesome and flavorful but lacked the authentic Indian flare and flavors that we were hoping for.
– Our favorite station was the Italian Station that served up some Italian classics. The most popular dish at the entire table was the Gnocchi in Mushroom sauce that was rich, creamy and packed with flavor. Surprisingly light enough as well which made us go for seconds.
– The Sushi Counter was vast serving some perfectly crafted sushi. Best part is you can order your sushi as per your preference or just as for a sampler brought to your table. The servers will be more than happy to assist you.
– Finally, the biggest counter of them all, and not much of a shocker here, is the Dessert Counter. Believe it or not, we managed to try out all the desserts! The Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Fudge stood out for us though. Delicious!
Apart from these six counters, there are also cute little mini carts that are brought to your table where drinks, food and desserts are prepared in front of you.
– There is a delectable pasta cart that serves some delicious spaghetti with pecorino cheese, pepper and crunchy artichokes. It has a beautiful rich flavor and consistency. Loved the crunch provided by the artichokes too.
– There is also an ice cream cart that seemed to grab the most attention at the brunch. So much so, that it brought out the inner child in almost everyone at our table (including us). We loved the cheesecake sorbet and the mango sorbet in particular. Drizzle them with pistachio crumb to add that earthy flavor and great texture.
– the cocktail cart too arrived at our table randomly during the brunch for you to knock yourself out and just have a good time.
Dhs. 350(Inclusive of Soft Drinks)
Dhs. 550(Inclusive of Selected House Beverages)
Dhs. 650(Inclusive of Ruinart Champagne)
Ambience – 4/5
Service – 4/5
Food – 3/5
Value – 3/5