Recipe 1: Cheesy BBQ Chicken Ring
– 2 and a half cups cooked shredded Doux chicken
– 1 red onion diced
– 1 cup BBQ sauce
– 1 cup mozzarella – 12 – 16 crescent rolls
– Mayo or Ranch dressing
– Preheat oven to 180 C
– In a bowl, mix together the cooked chicken, onion and BBQ sauce.
– On a baked dish, line the crescent roll triangles, make sure it forms a hollow circle in the middle and the smallest angle is facing outside.
– Sprinkle half the cheese along the inside of the ring, and spoon the BBQ chicken mixture on top of the cheese. – Lay the top of the triangles over the filling until it resembles a wreath.
– Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown – Cut into slices and serve with a dressing of your choice.
Preheat oven to 180 C
Cut crescent roll triangles in half lengthwise
Roll crescent dough around hot dogs starting with the wider end of the dough closest to the hot dogs
Arrange the rolled hot dogs around a 10-inch skillet in two tight circles, leaving a hole in the center of the skillet. You can sprinkle shredded cheese over the hot dogs, if you wish.
Bake 15-20 minutes, until dough puffs up and becomes golden.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Recipe 3: Chicken Penne Pasta in Tomato Sauce
1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound Doux chicken, cut into (1-inch) pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups canned diced tomatoes
1 cup white wine
8 ounces uncooked penne
– Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken.
– Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat; set aside.
– Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic is soft. Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken, and simmer 5 minutes.
– Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl
Recipe 4: Butter Chicken
* 1/2 cup yoghurt * 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon garam masala
* 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
* 1 Doux chicken , cut into pieces * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 20g butter
* 1 brown onion, halved, thickly sliced
* 410g can tomato puree
* 1/2 cup chicken stock
* 1/2 cup thickened cream
* Basmati rice and coriander leaves, to serve
Place yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change colour. Add tomato puree and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened slightly.
Stir in cream. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice and coriander leaves